PCOS and exercise
Published : Jul 06, 2021 2 mins read Updated On : May 03, 2023
Most women with PCOS often show symptoms like Weight gain, obese, irregular periods, excess facial hair.
While it is important to maintain a healthy diet, regular exercise is also beneficial to control the symptoms of PCOS.Insulin resistance affects almost 70% of women with PCOS. Regular exercise can help to improve insulin level.Exercise has many benefits other than weight loss for women with PCOS.
Benefits of Exercise
- Helps to maintain insulin level- Regular physical exercise helps the body to respond to insulin in an effective way.? It also reduces the risk of diabetes? and other health complications related to PCOS.
- Reduces cholesterol level- High cholesterol level is common among women with PCOS. High cholesterol level may increase the chance of cardiovascular problems. Regular exercise helps to increase the level of HDL (good cholesterol).
- Increases the level of Endorphins- Women with PCOS may suffer from depression. Regular physical exercise helps in releasing endorphins, hormones which helps us to feel good.
- Helps for a sound sleep- Women with PCOS may struggle with insomnia or snoring. Exercising regularly helps for a better quality of sleep.
- Reduces the risk of heart diseases-? Women with PCOS are at a high risk for heart diseases. Regular cardio exercise helps to maintain heart muscle and avoid complications.
- Helps in weight loss- Many women with PCOS suffer from excess weight gain. Regular exercise with a balanced diet helps to maintain the weight.
Type of Exercise
- CARDIO- Cardio exercise helps to maintain insulin resistance, helps to increase fertility. It helps to handle mood swings. A 30 minutes workout or more can help in weight loss and help in managing anxiety and depression. Cardio exercises like Cycling, Swimming are really helpful for PCOS. It helps to burn fat and speed up metabolism.
- Yoga- Yoga poses like child pose, Gentle twists, Cat- Cow pose helps to manage PCOS. Yoga helps in maintaining cholesterol and insulin levels.
- Strength Training-? Helps in? increasing metabolic rate. Strength training is good to burn fat and increase muscle strength. It reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- High Intensity Interval Training- This exercise is good for cardiovascular muscles. It includes intense training for a short duration with a rest period. It is great for weight loss and improves insulin resistance
Regular exercise helps in managing many symptoms of PCOS. Along with regular exercise, vitamins are also necessary to keep PCOS in control.
Chicnutrix Cysterhood is here for all PCOS related problems. It is India?s 1st effervescent PCOS supplement. It is a balanced combination of 600 mg N-acetylcysteine (NAC) and Vitamin C. NAC has proved to be a great ingredient for PCOS. It is a clinically proven ingredient that helps balance hormones, regulate the menstrual cycle, reduce insulin resistance, inflammation and oxidative stress. Chicnutrix Cysterhood is doctor approved and made with clinically tested ingredients. Each tube contains 20 tablets. It is available in yummylicious strawberry flavour.`Consuming 1-2 tablets regularly will help you manage PCOS and be #StrongerThanPCOS.
Free Nationwide Shipping and Returns on Orders above Rs. 800/-
Available Monday - Saturday
From 9:30AM - 6:30PM
Your Payment Information is Processed Securely
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Promotions, new products and sales. Directly to your inbox.