The monsoon brings relief from the scorching heat of the summer season. The temperatures decrease and this is a welcome change. However, there are some adverse effects that the humidity of the monsoon season has on the skin, hair and body. Let us look at the challenges presented by the monsoon and their solutions
Effects of monsoon on the skin and solutions
The oil and dead skin cells build up on the skin during monsoon, so you should scrub your face at least twice a week. This is one of the main rainy season effects on skin.
- You should avoid moisturizers which have an oily base and opt for light moisturizer.
- It is also advisable to avoid cream based make up. It is advisable to use a calamine lotion as a foundation and on it use a light matte compact on it.
- The rainy season causes moisture to accumulate on the skin. It is advisable to use a fruit extract based face wash during the monsoon. Using such a face wash daily will remove the oil and unwanted stuff from your skin.
- You should use a good cleanser and also a skin brightening toner which will close the pores of the skin and also maintain the pH balance of the skin.
Effects of monsoon on hair and solutions
Most people face excessive hair fall in monsoon especially if they get wet in the rain. Due to the pollution the rain water has become acidic and causes damage to the hair and scalp. The high level of humidity also causes hair fall in both men and women. During the monsoon many people face scalp and hair problems like itchy scalp, dandruff, dry and frizzy hair along with hair fall. The hair loses its natural luster and becomes frizzy and dull. It is necessary to take extra precautions for your hair and scalp during monsoon because of the rainy season effects on hair.
- Do not comb or tie wet hair
- Keep hair dry and avoid wet hair
- Use a gentle warm oil massage to keep the hair follicles nurtured
- Drink more water and fluids to keep yourself hydrated
- Avoid oily and junk food
- Get sufficient sleep
Effects of monsoon on body and health
The rainy season effects on the body are quite serious, because of the breeding of insects. People who are allergic to cold, asthmatic or diabetic face problems during the monsoon. These people have low immunity and they contract ailments even with the least cause. Even water borne diseases like diarrhea, cholera etc. become common during the monsoon. People even suffer from respiratory tract infection, cold, flu and skin infections. So, consuming high amounts food rich in Vitamin C and supplements like Chicnutrix Super C which is a Natural Vitamin C supplement made from Natural Amla Extracts rich in Vitamin C and Zinc will not only help in boosting immunity but also help with acne breakouts during monsoon season.
It is also advisable to take skin and hair care supplements like Chicnutrix Glow and Chicnutrix Bounce. They contain nutrients that take care of a large number of skin and hair problems during the monsoon. These supplements provide nutrients to the hair and skin which make them healthy and glowing even during the monsoon.
- Sanitization is the main thing that you need to take care of during the monsoon
- Make sure that your drinking water is pure
- If you get wet in the rain then you should immediately take a shower afterwards
- Your diet should be rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. These nutrients will make the immune system stronger.